Lauder Business School回到项目列表
- Vienna, 奥地利
- Ronald S. Lauder Foundation
The conversion of a baroque-era palace and historic landmark into a residential business school was based on the concept of the campus: a group of buildings arrayed around a tree-filled open space. Seminar rooms (1200 m2) and administrative offices (750 m2) would be housed in the two- and three-story north building. The south building became the 2700 m2 residence hall. A freestanding structure was built on existing foundations in the former palace courtyard, providing a total of 1000 m2 for lecture halls and a cafeteria.
Special attention was paid to the new building’s spatial and functional relationships: It establishes a new center at the transition between old building and courtyard and relates to its surroundings in a variety of ways. On the ground floor, the cafeteria is entered from the old building but faces sideways onto the garden; on the main level, the lecture halls can be accessed either from inside the building or from the garden; and the roof serves as the residence hall’s terrace.