Photo © Lukas Roth
Photo © Lukas Roth
Photo © Lukas Roth

St. Wolfgang Vicarage

 Back to Projects list
  • Residential
  • Religion
  • Religious buildings
Location
Regensburg
Year
1998

From a distance, you can already recognize the imposing, distinctive crucifix shape of the nave of St. Wolfgang church, which is flanked by comparatively low side transepts, closely linked to the tall structure in the east – rather like a small hamlet nestles close to a tall castle. Dominikus Böhm built the church in 1937 and 1939.

The vicarage that was built in 1998 complements the existing ensemble towards the west and creates a symmetrical area of religious buildings. The tall cross of the nave defines the centre of this area. The vicarage adopts the shape of the eastern transepts in terms of geometry and height, although it is slightly offset from the church, so the two smaller squares emerge with a connecting alley. On the inside, this small alley is flanked by an elongated foyer, which adopts the building form of a cloister. From here, access is gained to the halls, group rooms, library etc.

Other Projects by PETER BÖHM ARCHITEKTEN

University of Television and Film
München
Cologne Arena
Köln
Quartier Chronos
Hennef
National Collection of Egyptian Art
Munich
City Hall "Technical Town Hall"
Köln
St. Pius X
Hohenstein